Health and safety on construction projects is a top priority and must be resourced, planned and managed accordingly. At Hosken Parks we are able to assist our clients in adopting a professional approach to construction health and safety, fulfilling their obligations under the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015. This service typically includes the following activities:
- Advising on the applicability of the Regulations to a particular project.
- Advising the client of its duties under the Regulations, and those of all other stakeholders including CDM principal designer, principal contractor and subcontractors.
- Advising on the competence of designers and contractors.
- Notifying the HSE about the project (initial notification).
- Advising the client of investigations and surveys required to inform the subsequent design and construction activities.
- Ensuring that all designers adopt a co-ordinated approach, which considers health and safety and seeks to eliminate or mitigate hazards at the design stage.
- Ensuring that all designers include information relevant to health and safety in their design drawings and documentation.
- Preparing and issuing pre-construction information to stakeholders and tendering contractors.
- Reviewing the health and safety aspects of the tendering contractors’ submissions.
- Notifying the HSE about the project (follow-up notification).
- Advising on the adequacy of the principal contractor’s construction-phase plan and proposed site welfare facilities.
- Monitoring the flow of health and safety information between clients, designers and contractors, especially relating to ongoing design packages.
- Ensuring that a health and safety file is prepared and issued to the client towards the end of the construction phase.